Project Engineer – OEM Power Products and Solutions
Exciting & demanding role leading substation projects within Australia to large EPCs, utility entities & renewable developers
Permanent / Full Time
Due to an increased spend in the mining, defence, renewables and infrastructure markets across Australia, we are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer for a global OEM focused on power systems and power products – switchgear, RMU’s, Transformers, E-houses, Kiosk Substations and Substations up to 132Kv.
- Lead Project Engineering on OEM Power Products and Solutions in Australia including: HV and MV Systems, Transformer Kiosks, E-house Substation Solutions including collector substations.
- Manage the interface with client engineering including Utilities, End Users and EPC’s.
- Maintain schedule and budget for the electrical works
- Liaise with local and factory based stake holders – both internal and external to the company
- Manage the relationship with key suppliers during project execution
- Create work packs, ITPs, ITRs, FAT and SAT documentation.
- Prepare engineering deliverable list and liaise with project execution team on the deliverable dates
- Review the design and submit to clients for approval
- Hand-over the approved design to factory team
- Support project execution team during fabrication, installation
Your key skills and competencies will include:
- Ability to use AutoCAD to develop secondary schematics and develop logic diagrams
- 3+ years experience in MV/HV power products, power generation, substations
- A strong technical understanding of substations and associated equipment required
- Problem solving in power distribution and engineering applications
- Excellent communications & written skills
- Good computer skills including Word & Excel
- Full Australian working rights
What’s in it for you:
Experience a supportive and inclusive company culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, providing an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities for career growth, development, and advancement, you’ll have the chance to expand your skills and make a meaningful impact. Unlock the potential for a rewarding career in the dynamic field of power systems and products.
If you have the experience and desire to work in this rewarding permanent position, please apply to the ad with an up to date resume.