Workshop Manager – Mechanical and Industrial
Ownership, creation, legacy, variety of work functions, growth-orientated organisation, career growth, vibrant and transparent team environment
Trades - Other
Permanent / Full Time
About the company
This is an opportunity to join a well-established and recognised organisation that is preparing to further expand and develop one of its business units across the industrial, commercial pumping and irrigation sectors. As a known name within their region, they are able to provide a full scope of service, maintenance, design, installation and product sales to the domestic, industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors.
- Generous salary + Penalties + Work vehicle + bonuses
- Industry training
- Work Variety
- Family orientated focus
- Opportunity to grow your career
- Relocation options available
About the role
This is a robust and broad opportunity and as the workshop manager, you will be given the autonomy to improve and further expand on the workshop layout, function and processes. You will be responsible for a small team, guiding their work functions, conducting administrative duties, troubleshooting and estimating work. This is a key leadership appointment and you will work with the owner in further developing and enhancing the existing client base, with a focus on building the workshop and service business.
- Identify and improve on existing workshop structure and practices
- Support and develop the existing team
- Manage all general administration and estimation functions
- Where necessary work on the tools with staff
- Prepare and submit weekly reports and sit in on weekly leadership meetings
- Business development for new clients and identify new opportunities with existing customers
- Have a mechanical trade qualification with sound mechanical aptitude
- Experience with pumps, pressure cleaners or compressors would be an advantage
- Be comfortable with administrative and data entry
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to your activities
Culture of the branch
There is a friendly and supportive attitude in the business and management promotes additional industry training and career development. The owners and leaders in the business are interactive and transparent with all staff and are looking for people who would like to be part of a business that is growing and on the move.
How to apply
If you have the skills and want further information on this opportunity, please apply below with a current resume. All applicants will receive a reply by either phone or email to the progress of their application.